Rust Journey – Snake Clone – Day 6

As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve had some really busy weeks – actually, it’s been busy for months now…

I was still contemplating whether to transition to another project since we had pretty much accomplished all the challenges and goals for this one. But in the end, I decided to continue and incorporate both graphics and sound.

I began by creating a sprite sheet and then proceeded to load the textures. Within just a couple of minutes, I managed to transform the food item rectangle into a sprite, and from there, I updated the snake graphics and later, the wall graphics. I also added a subtle sound effect for when the food item is consumed.

The entire process was fairly straightforward and uncomplicated; the only challenging part was ensuring that some segments’ rotations were correct (e.g., graphics for movements from Left-Top needed to be rotated 180 degrees in comparison to Top-Left movements).

With the project now considered complete, I’ve posted it on You can check it out by clicking here. I’ve also updated the code on its GitHub repository.

I already have a few ideas for my next projects and will be sharing them here soon!